Saturday, December 3

Sharing your ballot comments

As you know, there is a section on the 7th Soaphunks.net Awards voting ballot where you can add your comments & suggestions. Thanks to all of you who fill this part out; I love reading what you are thinking. Some people either asked questions and left me no e-mail address with which to contact them, or they made comments I'd just like to respond to anyway. I thought the new blog would be a good place for it, so here goes:
  • Why were there almost no GH hunks?
    Huh? GH has seven nominations this year (including Greg Vaughan for Best Hunk), so I hardly left them out. It is interesting to note than in seven years, I have given GH a total of 60 nominations out of which it has converted only two to wins.
  • Love your site! Just one suggestion from someone who loves soap hunks, but doesn't watch soaps. Instead of just head shots for the thumbnails, how about pictures that show what's being voted on, shirtless shots for pecs, chest and abs; shots of the arms for that category, etc.
    I agree, and I started to try that this year. But I'll tell you what would have happened: people would complain if they perceived me selecting a "great picture" of candidate A while using a "blurry bad picture" for candidate B and so on. Besides that, it would have taken forever. I suggest everyone look around the site and get familiar with the guys before voting. Try keeping the ballot open in one window and surfing the pictures in another.
  • I was forced to vote for people I never heard of because it didn't just let me vote for the ones I like only. I don't like to give my vote to someone I never even heard of from soaps I don't even watch.
    ARRRGGHHH!! The whole point is to pick the most deserving guys in each category. This is not a contest where you always pick the nominee from the one show you watch. Besides that, every category is optional except for Best Hunk. If you don't like any of the five nominees in a category, just leave it blank.
  • You should have added Steve Burton to your categories. He'd take them all.
    Steve Burton's track record in seven years of these awards: 13 nominations, 1 win.
  • Ummmmmm...WHERE IS THORSTEN KAYE???!!!
    See next question. ;)
  • THANK YOU for not nominating Thorsten Kaye!! I'm serious! I give you mad props for that!
    See previous question. ;)
  • Stop calling guys 40+ "older." Hey, I was carded in the last year. We're not ancient!
    I always hated that name too. Maybe next year I'll change it to Best Hunk Over 40. Remember, my favorite soap hunk is an "older" hunk!

Anyways, that's it for now. Most of you have been very complimentary about the awards and the site, so thanks for that. And for the few who were just downright nasty, pick a finger! Why can't everyone just be nice?

2 Comments:

Blogger DaveId said...

Thorston Kaye is the "wave of the future." Man, those fans on TWoP's All My Children board are going crazy over him.

11:47 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

I have noticed that those fans who like him are absolutely RABID about him.

He's okay on AMC, but I hated him on OLTL. Never really watched PC.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home