Monday, December 1

Soapy in mourning: Diamont out at Y&R

Anyone who knows me knows how it pains me to type this one. Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Y&R's Don Diamont has been ousted from daytime's No. 1 soap. Details of his exit are said to be very "hush hush" at this time.

Diamont has been with the sudser for over 20 years. He first aired in 1985, after a two-year run on DAYS. He stayed with the show until 1996, returning in 1998 through now. During his tenure, Diamont has amassed 25 Soaphunks.net Award nominations and eight wins. In addition, in a 2005 poll at this site, he was named the Sexiest Soap Hunk of All Time.

If you didn't already know it, Diamont is personally my all-time favorite soap hunk, and the primary reason I created soaphunks.net a decade ago was to share and collect pictures of him.

Sigh.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences to you, Soapy. You were the one who showed me what a hot and sexy guy Don Diamont was back in the day. This is truly a loss for Y&R. :(

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO!

I read this and I immediately clicked over here to see if you heard, Soapy. This is the equivalent of getting coal in your Christmas stocking. I'm so sorry. Don Diamont was one of the constants of soaphunks.net and will be missed.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Dwight Supremacy said...

NOOOOOOOOO! I am speechless! He is my all-time favorite too ... even with the grade A young stud beef he has to compete with. Damn!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

My deepest sympathies to you,Soapy.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Soapy,

I'm right there with you.I've loved Don Diamont since high school and I agree he is the hottest soap hunk of all time.Not to mention a wonder actor.I think Y&R did him a terrible injustice.I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope to see him on another show very soon.He will be truly missed.

Dee.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one loves Don Diamont more than I - his family & friends probably think they do but they're wrong! I'm lucky that I can still see Don on the French Canadian channel's Y&R broadcasts - can't understand a word but so what?! I dream that Don will get cast in the upcoming Spartacus series - I'll settle for his turning up on another soap.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home