Wednesday, January 3

"Brad in a Cage" clips from Y&R 1988-89!

Anybody who has been paying attention over the years at soaphunks.net should know that I am a huge fan of Y&R's Don Diamont. But for those hunkwatchers who are relatively new to soaps, you may wonder why this man in particular is the one I choose over all others. Here's why.

I've just finished ripping and uploading several days worth of scenes from one of my all-time favorite soap storylines. In 1988-89, Y&R's Brad (Diamont) was kidnapped and held prisoner in a cage by his nutzoid, long-haired ex-wife Lisa (Lynne Harbaugh). I still love this storyline because it was 1) a long-term effort, unlike today's gimmicky short-term stories; 2) very suspenseful; 3) very well-acted by both parties, especially when they start playing mind games with one another; 4) just campy enough to be fun; and 5) showed off a then 26-year-old Don Diamont's body all the time!!

THIS was when I absolutely fell hard for Don Diamont, and why I hold him in such a high regard still today. I think it's safe to say, without these clips, I never fall hard for a soap hunk, and if I never fell hard for a soap hunk, there would never have been a soaphunks.net. I hope that adequately expresses how much I love these episodes! If you're not an old school Y&R fan and you don't know about Don Diamont from back in the day, prepare to be converted over to my side after you watch these clips! I hope you enjoy them, because they were a hell of a lot of work to get off of my old VHS tapes. For your enjoyment, I have edited out all non-Brad scenes, which means you are spared all Cricket "The Bug" Blair/Danny Barfalotti scenes!

Please post comments and let me know what you think.

Clips 1 & 2
Friday, December 30, 1988 (10:31 total)
A towel-clad Brad preps for his evening escape attempt by taking a steamy shower, dripping wet and complete with Thigh-Cam!





Clips 3 & 4
Tuesday, January 3, 1989 (13:40 total)
Brad starts in a baby-blue terrycloth robe, moves into a tux, and then is stripped down for his eventual first steps outside of the cage in months. HOT and a great cliffhanger!






Clips 5 & 6
Wednesday, January 4, 1989 (12:32 total)
The big escape attempt. Look for the part where, holding Lisa in his arms, shirtless Brad spots her purse. I LOVE the over-the-top music there! Plenty of body shots here, too.





Clips 7 & 8
Monday, January 9, 1989 (12:47 total)
The aftermath. No skin here, but without a doubt the best acting either party ever did.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thay need to bring Lisa back Y&R's Ratting's will 100 per sent Go up !!!! Lisa hot !!! Thank you Marty B 52753

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thank you so much . I have been waiting for ever to see this .You made it happen Thank you SOOO Much You friend for ever Marty B 52753

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home